-1/4 cup flour
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
-16oz of boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into bite-sized pieces
-1/4 cup + 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
-3 tablespoons white sugar
-1 1/2 tablespoons no-calorie sweetener
-1 teaspoon sesame oil
-1 tablespoon sesame seeds
-1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
-1 small onion, sliced into thin strips
1. In a gallon-size plastic bag (or in a medium bowl), combine flour, salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken, coating chicken completely in flour mixture. Discard extra flour.
3. Heat pan/skillet over medium-high heat, spray with non-stick spray.
4. Add chicken to skillet and cook through, flipping every few minutes until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a bowl and cover.
5. Reduce heat to medium and saute peppers and onions until onions begin to brown/caramelize. Transfer to the bowl with chicken.
6. Combine soy sauce and sugar/sweetener in skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to thicken (2-3 minutes).
7. Add sesame oil and sesame seeds, stirring to combine.
8. Add chicken and peppers/onion mixture to soy sauce/sugar mixture, tossing to coat everything evenly.
9. Serve immediately over rice.